Sunday, June 14, 2009

We will Hold Our Flags Up High With Smiles On Our Faces!

I watched the movie Milk today and felt the inspiration to type up an argument so here goes...



Hey you! Yeah, you. Yes you heard me call you. Why did you look at me that way? Giving me that dirty look, what did I ever do to you? What? Just because I'm different, you gotta spit on me? Make me trip, make me fall, break my bones? Look at me, look at you. We are both human right? Just because I like one thing, and you like the other, doesn't mean I should be punished for it. We are all the same and we are all different! Don't frown at me, then mumble "fag" under your breath. Don't laugh at me with all your "friends", who secretly think you're 'strange' as well. Don't gossip, because what does gossip bring you? A 30 second laugh to boredom? Let me tell you...

I will dress up in rainbow clothing, I will grab a rainbow flag, and I will prove to you, and the rest of your "friends" I am beautiful too. I will stand strong...no...WE will stand strong. We won't let anyone else step upon us, or treat us like dirt. You will accept us, the way we accept you.

And we will hold our flags up high with smiles on our faces, screaming "we are free!", standing on the tallest stools, waving our hands in the air, and applauding each other. For we belong...

私..時にガラスを破るの葉にもかかわらず、すべての削減や打ち身でも、背の高いスタンド、私は家に帰る途中で笑っている。

Glass leaves break upon me..but I still stand tall even with all the cuts and the bruises, I am smiling on my way home.

0 comments: